Use Course Builder to interact with your course materials, learning experiences, and assessments in one consolidated interface so you can visualize and review your entire course at once. The Course Builder interface is straightforward and efficient, transforming the process of course design and set-up from multiple steps in different tools into simple one-step actions. Whether you're starting from scratch or updating existing courses, Course Builder is an excellent tool for planning and organizing course materials.
As you build your course, Course Builder interacts with the following Learning Environment tools:
- Manage Files
Course Builder also extends instructional design guidance provided by the Instructional Design Wizard by implementing and displaying the blueprint you create in the wizard. If you decide not to use the Instructional Design Wizard, Course Builder still enables you to incorporate instructional design best practises when planning your course. As you build your course outline with modules and placeholders, you can add notes to each module and placeholder summarizing your course goals and learning objectives. When you are ready, you can populate your outline by creating appropriate lessons and activities within Course Builder.
Instructor help topics
What are the basics of Course Builder?
- Accessing Course Builder
- Course Builder interface overview
- Nodes, modules, placeholders, and objects
- The relationship between Course Builder and Content
How do I create my course's structure?
- Building your course structure
- Copying your course structure from another course
- Reading nodes in the course tree
- Using drop targets in the course tree
- Creating and adding objects to the course tree
- Creating and adding evaluation objects to the course tree
- Adding a module or placeholder to my course structure
How do I edit my course's structure?
- Copying and pasting modules and placeholders to your course structure
- Editing a module or placeholder in your course structure
- Cutting and pasting a node in the course tree
- Moving a node in the course tree
- Removing a node in the course tree
- Editing objects
- Repairing broken objects in the course tree