Self-enrollment allows users to enroll in groups on their own. Use this option when you want users to have the freedom to choose their own group members or to be a part of a group on a topic that interests them.
Users can self enroll in groups by clicking the Choose Group link beside the name of a group category set up for self enrollment. The link displays at the top of the user’s Groups page when self-enrollment is available.
Note If a group is full, the Members column will display the total number of group members in red with "(Full)" beside it. If a learner wants to leave a group that they self enrolled in before the date specified by the Set Self Enrollment Expiry Date option (if selected), on the My Groups page, learners can click Leave Group if this option is configured.
Tip Clicking on the capacity marker or the total listed in the Members column opens the Group Members pop-up, which contains a list of current group members. You cannot click on empty groups.
Set up self enrollment groups
- On the Manage Groups page, click New Category.
- Enter a Category Name and Description.
Select one of the following options from the Enrollment Type drop-down list:
- Groups of # - Self Enrollment
- # of Groups - Self Enrollment
- # of Groups, Capacity of # - Self Enrollment
- Depending on the chosen Enrollment Type, enter the Number of Groups to create, the Number of Users per group, or both.
- To associate discussion areas with the groups in the category, select Set up discussion areas.
- To associate locker areas with the groups in the category, select Set up lockers.
- To associate dropbox folders with the groups in the category, select Set up dropbox folders.
- Click Save.